Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Google Health Now Lets You Share Your Medical History With Loved Ones


Google has announced that it has launched a significant new feature, giving users the ability to share their medical records with designated family or close friends.
The general idea behind the feature is that oftentimes during emergencies family members may not know the details of your medical history, like medical allergies. Such information can be lifesaving, but sharing extremely personal medical information is not something that should be taken lightly. Google is taking lengthy measures to ensure the security of the data, associating invite links to specific Email addresses and allowing users to track who has viewed their records. All shared records are also read-only.


In my opinion if they can keep records safe from unwanted viewers i could see this being a very effective way of sharing important health information with family members and could end up saving many lives and finding a quicker diagnosis.


Here is the link:

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Google thinks of everything. It will be interesting to follow this and see how successful it can be. I am really interested in learning more about this... great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that this would be a great thing if they were to keep all information protected. This is a great technology that google has came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a very important and fascinating innovation they're doing. I know that if I was with my grandma, alone, and something happened to her, I wouldn't have the right type of medications she's allergic to. However, with this new system, I would be able to get the help I need for her, even in stressed or times of emergency. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like good news for public health professionals everywhere. This way, family members can find out more about other family members' health problems/histories, etc. I trust Google and all that they do, so I'm sure this will be a great system to implement.

    ReplyDelete